Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Relationship Development: TV time

I wouldn't have thought TV-viewing as a couple would be so difficult. But my man and I have serious trouble settling on something to watch together. He tends toward flipping between multiple movies produced before 1980 (all of which were in progress when we started, and with the flipping we fall farther behind); educational television about science/world events/history, and occasional stops at the male standards of Simpsons, Seinfeld, and Simpsons. I prefer action/adventure movies made after 2000 (in their entirety), hit teen dramas, home decorating reality shows, reruns of CSI (Las Vegas, sometimes Miami, never NYC), all things Jon Stewart, and documentary-type shows that explain how things are made (typically common household objects or large feats of engineering).

So far we have managed to bridge the divide with two shows:

Not sure what this says about us.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I like your new template! It calms me.

anne said...

I, too, am a fan of MXC.

(and ps- I'm thrilled about your entrance into the world of blogging.)