Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shout out: Bumper stickers

I love bumper stickers. It's so great when a particularly witty one makes me chuckle. Today I saw a sticker that read:
Stop Stealing!
The government doesn't like competition.


I happen to believe taxation supports important government services (like, say, fine budget analysis from yours truly, or high quality teaching at certain area high schools). But that bumper sticker is still damn funny. Two other favorites (both seen frequently around the Mac-Groveland neighborhood):

Abstinence Only
No Bush, No Dick in '04
and

Jesus doesn't love you.
And neither do I.


See, I'm chuckling right now.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I always enjoy the "My kid can beat up your honors kid" bumper sticker.

Katie said...

I also like bumper stickers. I love the abstinence one. Where I can I get one of those! Here are two of my favorites:

"Can't sleep, clowns might eat me"

"The world is not your ashtray. Don't thrown out your butts" (I was so impressed by this sticker because the driver was smoking. Then she threw her butt out the window.)

Jim said...

That Jesus doesn't love you ... bumpersticker reminds me of my favorite Jack Handy (SNL) "Deep Thoughts": "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

anne said...

I love it. My favorites:

"Frodo failed, Bush has the ring"

(You have to be a certain type of really big dork to display that one.)

and

"My daschund is smarter than your honor student"

Oh, wow - just found this site:
stampandshout.com