Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tidbits

Today the budget ladies continued our lunch tour of the capitol grounds memorials. While enjoying a cool breeze in the shade of the women's suffrage memorial, we were unceremoniously sprayed by pop-up lawn sprinklers. Controlled by a man who I swear could clearly see us sitting there. Thanks, buddy.

I was half-watching The Colbert Report a minute ago, and he started a bit with, "We're in the 7th year of President Bush's term..." Holy shit. And people wonder why the world is going to hell in a handbasket? It should be pretty darn obvious why. To those who said in the face of doomsday predictions before he was elected, "it's not like he could really ruin the world" I say, "told you so."

While on the way to an office party in Vadnais Heights, I off-roaded it through Shoreview to avoid some horrendous traffic. Turns out Shoreview is really pretty. Who knew? Good thing it's nice because given the traffic on 694 I'm guessing those folks can't get out much.

We all know I have trouble accomplishing things that normal people do all the time without any thought, like sleeping, cooking, folding laundry, and pooping. Well, I would like to report that last night I accomplished, two, count 'em, TWO of these feats. I cooked that chicken curry rice salad for the office party AND slept 7 hours. However, I left my clean laundry in a semi-folded pile on my dresser and the intestines are having a bad week. But half isn't too shabby.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think my official line was "Come on, how much damage could he POSSIBLY do?"

For the second time in the blogosphere, I'll concede:

You were right.

I was wrong.

:)

Educational Adventures - Project Travel said...

I miss you Abs... you are hillarious. I'm rooting for the poop.

Anonymous said...

Rach--I'm not just talking about you (although you're right, I was attempting your quote) but there are many, many people who voted for the man twice.

Sarah--Good to hear from you! We miss you over here in North America. Really enjoy both the blogs, especially the year in pictures (it inspired my week in pictures, except I don't go anywhere exciting so I had to use my intestines pic).