Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kitters and Chubbers

Paul can't remember my cats' names most of the time so he refers to them collectively as "kitters" and individually as "chubbers" (Audrey) and "the male" (Jackson). They love him anyway, but mostly because he is unpracticed in the art of living with cats. He's such an easy target--for everything from tripping and covering in fur, to full-scale restroom-use-interruption tactics.

This past weekend, the kitters decided to escalate. After a lengthy beer pong tournament on Sunday night, Paul passed out on my couch. The next morning I noticed his arm was covered in bright red scratches. We're talking a 4 inch by 1.5 inch area of skin full of claw marks. He has absolutely no recollection of tangling with the cats, but I thought I saw a proud glint in Audrey's eye.

She got her comeuppance, though. While trying a clever new launch off the speaker, Audrey miscalculated the landing and ended up wedged between the TV stand and the wall--feet dangling just out of reach of the floor. I just about died laughing, and received a very miffed look. The extraction process was complicated, so I took a moment to capture it midway:

(The intended landing site was the patch of wood to her right. By this point she had managed to back her ass onto the speaker, but hadn't found traction for any paws. I eventually had to haul her out upside down by the front legs.)

You can just see part of Jackson--who was sitting unhelpfully on the speaker giving her a look like, "oh, wow...geez...that's too bad..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pets are so entertaining. And boyfriends. They are entertaining too. :)

Glad you are coming on Saturday! So excited to see you.

Anonymous said...

Em, I think the powers that be are conspiring against your party. They're closing 35W south AND the parkway. I'm hiring a camel to trek across the metro so I might be a little late.