Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shout out to the (famous) men in my life

It was a big night for TV. Both of the (famous) men in my life were on, and in fine, fine form.

First, Jon Stewart presented a great (rerun) interview with Barack Obama. The best question:

Do you feel like you're stuck in a narrative now, and the narrative is that Hilary Clinton is unlikeable but knows what she's doing and Obama is inexperienced but brings change--and no matter what you do, because [these scenarios are] easily categorized, the media or everyone else will just slip whatever happens into [that narrative]?



It's at 2:29 in part 1. I'd recommend part 2 also. By the way, I asked Paul the other night if Jon Stewart could be my free pass, to which he replied, "What does that mean?" Apparently the concept of a free pass is not universal. After I explained, he did not look too happy at the thought, even though I pointed out the probability is low that Jon Stewart would cross my path and agree to sex.

Second, Peyton Manning played some gorgeous football against the Saints. Sorry Brett Favre, but there's a new QB in my life. As some of you know, I was auditioning last season for a new quarterback love. I was holding out for Eli Manning to come into his own because he is so darn cute. But at the end of the day Peyton is just a superior player and stirs all the old feelings from the days before Brett threw a million interceptions per game. Commentator Al Michaels also mentioned that Indianapolis is the most homegrown team in the league, with only four Colts having played for other NFL teams. I like that. Similar to how Green Bay residents own shares in the Packers.

4 comments:

Educational Adventures - Project Travel said...

Strangely we saw Jon and Obama on here in Bishkek. I'd never seen The Show on here before... but apparently Sunday nights on CNN international. I'm looking forward to this Sunday! =) And I can't believe Paul has never heard of the free pass list. Although I'm not sure my Paul has either, or that he'd be crazy about it. ;)

Rachel said...

Jon Stewart is most definitely worth a free pass. He's, like, the DEFINITION of free pass.

Rachel said...

Also, if you get the real Jon Stewart, does that mean that I can have the fictional Josh Lyman?

Anonymous said...

No, Rachel. The fictional list is separate. Pay attention to the rules, will you?