Monday, June 2, 2008

Emotional eater

One of the great loves of my life is...Crispix. Yes, the cereal. I have a really pathetic addiction to that crispy rice on the one side and crunchy corn on the other. I usually eat a bowl of cereal each night before bed, and 94% of the time it is Crispix. Often I enjoy the first bowl so much that I chase it with another.

Anne likes Crispix too (the normal healthy amount), but didn't want to eat it when we lived together lest she be the one to finish the box--and cause anger or sadness. I bought so many boxes at SuperTarget last week that the checkout clerk commented loudly on how much I must love the stuff. Last night I had the bowl of Crispix all poured before I realized I was out of milk. I actually said, out loud, Oh, how awful! in a really whiny voice and then proceeded to consume the bowl without milk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a definite cereal chaser. I could probably eat a whole box of cereal in one sitting. I'm into Grape Nuts right now.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you did this. If only Crispix were GM because they are on sale at Cub and I have a coupon. I don't normally eat ceral because I would eat two bowls at once for breakfast and again for dinner. But the savings are tempting me.

Did you ever eat marshmallow rice krispies? I long for those.

Maggie said...

And you thought buying 2 twelve packs of diet coke was bad?

anne said...

I miss you. :)
(Yay for seeing you this weekend!)

I would like to note that the Rainbow generic version of Crispix is called Crispy Hexagons. Yes, Crispy Hexagons.

I love life.