Sunday, June 29, 2008

War of the acronyms

Props to these die-hard Clinton fans for coining the term puma, which stands for "Party Unity My Ass." They also came up with HOUND, which stands for "Hell, Obama's Unqualified, No Deal " to counter an Obama supporter's use of HOUND to mean "Hillary Obama United Not Divided" in response to the original puma.

Click here if you want to hear "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley "groovin' on a HillPod." (I will give them HillRaisers despite the annoying cutsey-ness, but I will most certainly not give them Hillpod.)

On a sidenote, did anyone else notice they switched back to "Variety" from "Source"? Good move, whoever made that call. What does "Source" mean anyway? And yes, I noticed this while cutting crossword puzzles out of old newspapers for entertainment on my trip. I am just that nerdy. And lazy too, judging from the large stack of papers I had yet to recycle.

(Photo courtesy of www.puma08.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't noticed much difference (Variety vs Source) except Ms. Manners was no where to be found on Wednesday.

anne said...

Hmph. Acronyms.

Isn't the Star Tribune admitting defeat by switching back to Variety? It's a little bit pathetic.

But Source sucked, no question.