Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yes, I'm still alive

The Strib managed to put together a decent opinion section this week, despite the fact they're hemmorhaging staff. I particularly liked this commentary on ingenuity and hope. And then Sack's gem:

Uh, yes. It turns out smear tactics work really well with Republican audiences and not so well with Democratic ones. That's why many Republicans think Obama is a terrorist while many Democrats think McCain is a decent, heroic guy who wouldn't make nearly as good a president in terms of decision-making and policy knowledge/beliefs. Is it just me or do Republicans mostly smear with untruths and Democrats mostly smear with truths (the U.S. Senate race in MN excepted because it should be excepted from all lists)?

This commentary on teen pregnancy was interesting also. Just this week one of the budget ladies was lamenting how crazily Puritanical we are in the U.S. It appears this lady agrees.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering: I don't feel bad for the NE Patriots at all. But I am excited for the new Bond movie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't give a shout out to Katherine Kersten's redefinition of sustainability as tyranny.

PS I love these posts because sometimes I feel so alone in my newspaper reading.

Anonymous said...

I saw the title of that Kersten article and kept right on moving--decided I didn't have the energy to become as disgusted as I know I would be if I read it. I did skim far enough to see her once again use the alma's name in vain, however.