Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thank you, Al Gore!

Who doesn't love a little time-wasting on the internet? In honor of a completely useless evening of television, junk food, and internet surfing, I bring you links from websites I have recently discovered.

Urban Dictionary
A very handy slang wiktionary. Harkens back to my nerdy linguistics major friends talking about whether dictionaries would move toward a more organic view of new word development. I'd say that ship has sailed, no?

Twin Cities Green Guide
Just like it sounds--help being more green. So your liberal alma mater doesn't disown you.

Food Network
Paul will laugh if he sees this on here because I never cook. But I am infatuated with this website. Whoever designed it should win an award. It is perfectly designed to answer the overwhelmingly broad question, "what should I make?" by giving you a million different ways to wander your way to a recipe.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The Urban Dictionary (aka A Teacher's Best Friend) was bookmarked at CP. The cool kids referenced it frequently. No joke.

Katie said...

I am unable to access the Urban Dictionary at work. It is listed as containing "profanity and entertainment" God forbid we be entertained at work.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great links! I'm already familiar with the Urban Dictionary (gotta keep up with the youngins' slang, ya know), but I've now bookmarked the other two.