Monday, February 4, 2008

And not just because...

...Eli reminds me of a scruffy new puppy or a well-loved teddy bear, but because I know many of you are fans:



(I borrowed this from youtube because Animal Planet unwisely did not provide embedded links in its fine series of videos from the big game, complete with the kitty half time show.)

But on the actual game, an AP reporter described it best: "It was a scintillating closing chapter to a crazy week that seemed to have everything: the perfect team; the upstart underdogs; the cover boy quarterback in the Patriots' Tom Brady; the kid brother in Manning." By far the best moment was when they cut to Eli at the end and his look clearly said, "f%#k...I just won the Superbowl...wow."

In comparison I found the commercials quite lackluster. I have to disagree with Cyndy and say that Coca-Cola was the only company that brought it this year (both Jinx and It's Mine), with an honorable mention to Audi and Bud Light for remembering their audience.

2 comments:

anne said...

That's pretty freakin' adorable. I might like the kitty half-time show best.

And as far as commercials go, I loved the one with all of the screaming animals. I have no idea what it was for, but it was brilliant.

(ps, Eli is still hot.)

anne said...

I loved the
Tide ad
too.