Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm freaked out

Earlier I noticed that my bed-side alarm clock was set 15 minutes ahead, which is weird because I don't recall it being wrong this morning. Due to my intense fear of the dark and the creepy Lost episode I watched tonight, my paranoia is running high. So of course my first thought was someone had broken in and changed my clock to mess with me and this same person would very soon jump out of a closet to assault me. I managed to convince myself I was crazy, and came downstairs to sit on the couch--you know, like a normal person. But moments ago I started hearing strange voices coming from upstairs, and I am again sure that I'm going to die.

Intellectually I realize that it must be the radio alarm going off, playing MPR--it has probably been going off intermittently since this morning when I forgot to turn it off. If it's measuring the time since I woke up, that would explain the incorrect time. Unfortunately, I cannot convince myself this is true. I am at this moment quite sure someone is waiting to kill me.

So while I work up the nerve to go upstairs, I'll share that I'm also freaked out by the neti pot. My stupid sinus pain is interfering with sleep, work, and general life. Plus Paul is sick of my bitching. Since western medicine is not working, I'm seriously considering an "alternative." Apparently the eastern solution is nasal irrigation. Sounds all well and good, until you watch this:



I'm going to buy one tomorrow. I could use some encouragement, because at this point I'm afraid of actually using it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the scariest nightmares last night and I blame it on watching "Lost" right before I went to sleep.

Don't be afraid of the neti pot. I find it fascinating.

Rachel said...

I find the neti pot disturbing--almost as disturbing as the vacant stare on the woman's face while using it.

I recommend avoiding the neti pot for awhile longer.

In other news, I'm convinced I have mono. This is the latest development.

Unknown said...

Mom has a neti pot. I don't know if she's actually used it, but I thought you'd want to know that...in fact, maybe it will deter you from using it?

Rachel said...

No way! Mom HAS the neti pot?!? Has she USED it?!?

God, this is an unbelievable discovery.

Unknown said...

Oh, Mom totally has the neti pot. I discovered it upstairs underneath the sink in her bathroom. Check it out. It looks unused, but who knows?

Katie said...

Did you get a neti pot? I have one and love it. I use it all the time. Jon thinks it's gross, but I don't care because I'm convinced it keeps me from getting sick.

I'm also afraid of people breaking into my house to kill me. I watch too many episodes of Forensic Files on Tru TV (formerly Court TV, which I much preferred).

anne said...

Okay, I just watched that video. The woman is scary. But the neti pot is not.