Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crazy people seek me out

As requested by Anne, the weirdest email I received at a previous job. The Americorps supervisor had given a prospective member my contact information so he could ask questions about the program. I spoke with him briefly on the phone (which was also uncomfortable) and then he followed up with this email (I believe after he had already decided not to take the position). By the way, the supervisor was mortified and subsequently ended the practice of giving out current members' contact information.

Hey,
how are u doing?

I'm the guy that asked about Americorp, specifically how to survive on a very little amount of money.

Do you remember me?

I'm pretty good, but am tired.

I was wondering if you want to get together for coffee and chat, or do you want to go out to lunch or see a movie?

So, how old are u and where are u from?

I'm 29, from St.. Paul.

I graduated from Metropolitan State University, with a major in human services/family studies, and a minor in child psychology.

Well, I gotta go for now, so God bless you!!!

~ Mike :o)

I want to get to know u better, so please answer these questions.

Thanks and God bless you!

~ Mike :o)

> What is your favorite...
>
> Color?

Mine is blue.

> Season?

Mine is spring and summer.

> Holiday?

> mine is Christmas
>
> Activity to do?

> mine is being outdoors, enjoying God's creation!
Also, I like to paint landspaces with oil, acrylic, and watercolor.

> Feeling?

> mine is being loved!
>
> Dog (or cat)?

>> mine is schnauser (spelling ?)

> Movie or type of movie?

> mine is romance, comedy, and drama.
>
> Scripture passage?

> mine is Issiah where it says that those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength...

> Person or role model?

> mine is my mom, 'cause she's a wonderful woman, and I love her so much!!!

> Music?

> mine is classical, jazz, big band, praise and worship.
>
> Way to relax?

> mine is being in my sweatpants and t-shirt and watching a good show on TV.

Well,
that's all for now, so God bless u!

~ Mike :o)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

After what I am officially deeming a shitty day at this point, this crazy email from this crazy man made me laugh out loud. Nose flaring laugh out loud.

Thank God for these blogs.

And God bless u!!!!! :o)

Ugh. People like that should be shot.

KC said...

omg, abby. that is hilarious. i'm so glad you saved that. it's totally cracking me up.

xoxo

Maggie said...

There are so many things that could be said about that. However, I think "WOW" pretty much sums it up for me.

I'm not sure what I'm more concerned with, a 29 year-old asking what your favorite color is or using the smiley face with a nose...of course anyone who uses "u" rather than "you" in anything but a text message is just not OK.

anne said...

I love it.

I think my favorite part is the, "Do you remember me? I'm pretty good, but am tired."

Because you asked, of course.