Saturday, May 5, 2007

Eureka!

Friends, the quest has ended. The great wikipedia has found the male equivalent of nymphomaniac:
nymphomania (female) = satyriasis (male) = psychological disorder characterized by an overactive libido and an obsession with sex
Rest assured, they are no longer listed in the DSM-IV, seemingly replaced by the more politically correct and official-sounding:
hypersexuality = impairing need for frequent genital stimulation that, when achieved, does not result in long term emotional or sexual satisfaction
I also learned the definition of stock option from wikipedia this week. (I obviously had a general idea but it occurred to me I didn't fully understand the mechanics.) But there's nothing sexy about stock so I won't bore you with it here.


6 comments:

Rachel said...

If anyone's interested in information and a voyeuristic look at sadomasochism, please see "The Secretary."

I'm glad I didn't have to watch that movie alone today.

abigail emerson said...

I think it should only be followed by a reading from the Human Sexuality textbook.

trulybrilliant109 said...

It's obvious you two are to never be left alone again.

abigail emerson said...

Rach can attest to the fact that halfway through the reading I said, "Jim would consider this one of those weird things we do."

Rachel said...

It's true. She did.

Nice call, Ab.

Anonymous said...

My favorite topic...sex. Okay, so I'll be the first to say it, Testosterone makes one significantly much more sexual. So, what I'm getting at here is, folks with more "T" than others are obviously going to be more sexual physically. Of the people I've spoken with that have started taking "T" to transition, it's quite the ride. They want it all the time, or at least, much more than before. This is very interesting to me, as I've always given men a hard time....like, keep it in your pants and all that. Well, come to find out, the "T" is a very powerful force. Still, there is social responsibility to ensure, but its given me a new look on men, and trans men. get yours!