Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Relationship development: pet names

So, my man is leaving for three weeks to drink beer in Germany (with some side trips to historical landmarks). I miss him already, and he hasn't even left yet--so here is a post he will enjoy.

He refers to everyone by nicknames--Playasaurus, Hummer, Poor Little Feller, etc. My nickname is Abber Dabber (which is someone else's fault). You'll note how unromantic this name is, especially because it reminds him of 'yabba dabba doo.' Some very unproductive time spent at work recently yielded this (emphasis and color are his):

Abber….Meet the Abber

She’s a modern state employee

From the town of St. Paul

She’s a page right out of history


Someday, maybe Abber wins the fight

And that bill will not get passed tonight


When you’re with the Abber,

Have an abber dabber doo time,

A dabber doo time,

we’ll have a dabber doo old time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There's nothing to say here. This speaks for itself.

Maggie said...

Wow. Now I'm going to be humming the Flinstone's theme all day.

anne said...

Aww... I'm a sucker for silliness.

I'm also a fan of Abby-dabby-doo, as in, "Abby-dabby-doo, where are you?"

What's with your name working so well in cartoon theme songs?

(3 weeks is a long time.)

trulybrilliant109 said...

I cannot confirm nor deny the allegations that I may or may not have appropriated said nickname.